The best deals on Handbags, Shoes, and Accessories delivered everyday!

Google
Web PurseDeals

  • Bad Hair Day
  • fashionologie
  • The Bag Lady
  • Pursed*Lips
  • Purseuing
  • Bag Crazy
  • Budget Diva
  • Borrow Don't Buy! 120x60
  • Buy Shoes at Zappos.com.
  • Delia's special offer 88x31
  • Macy's 88x31
  • Weekend Promo
  • Banner 007
  • 6pm.com -- Free Shipping and Free Returns
  • Adasa.com
  • The Purse Store
  • Alloy.com
  • www.avenue.com
  • Bare Necessities
  • Blair.com
  • Boden
  • CafePress.com
  • DesignerShoes.com
  • eBags Homepage
  • Handbags on eBay!
  • Elisabeth.com
  • eLUXURY.com
  • FORZIERI.com
  • Fossil.com
  • fredflare
  • Hottopic.com
  • HSN.com
  • KAILO CHIC
  • Liz Claiborne
  • Luggage Online
  • Novica.com
  • Onlineshoes.com
  • Shoebuy.com
  • Shoes.com
  • ShopNBC.com
  • SmartBargains
  • Shop Steve Madden!
  • Target.com
  • Diamonds, engagement rings, & jewelry at Blue Nile.
  • ICE.com Logo Blue
  • 83x31 szul logo 3
  • zales_120x60
  • drugstore.com Sexual Well Being
  • Beauty.com Home Page
  • Folica Beauty Products
  • Avon.com
  • Beauty Trends Wigs
  • CosmeticMall.com
  • DERMAdoctor
  • e.l.f. BEAUTY
  • Garden Botanika
  • Murad Acne Skin Care
  • SpaLook
  • The Body Shop
  • Vitacost.com
  • SkinStore, Inc
  • 25 Great-Tasting Flavors - Diets Sweetened with Splenda
  • TBF Project:Blog
  • Top Blogs
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Entertainment Blog Top Sites Blog Directory & Search engine Entertainment Technorati Profile

    Monday, March 20, 2006

    Recent eBay Experience/Advice

    As a frequent eBay user, I try to pass on my experience and advice to my fellow Purse Dealers. When a situation comes up that I feel y'all should know about I will share it here.

    So here goes:
    A great Marc Jacobs bag popped on eBay this week that I adore. A couple red flags were on the listing that everyone should look out for: 1) Print Ad Pictures: Professional photography shots obtained from online stores like Saks or eLuxury. 2) New eBay user with low feedback.

    Now, while these are red flags you should always recognize, it doesn't always mean the auction isn't legitimate. If I am truly interested in the item, I always send an email to the seller and ask for additional pictures. Emails are free, and sometimes the seller does end up improving their listing by adding actual pictures of the bag. And if the listing accepts Paypal - if I get a fake bag or nothing at all I can get my money back (minus a $25 processing fee, since the seller is new and not fully protected). If this listing specified wire transfer ONLY, I would have not given it a second thought - because those are the listings that take your money and run.

    So I sent an email to the seller telling them that I would like to see pictures of the acutal bag for sale, because the pictures in the listing appeared to be from a Print ad. The response I got back was highly disconcerting:
    "Those are actually pictures I used photoshop it helps sell better. I will email you some more pictures though. Thanks"

    My first reaction was a strong: "Yeah right!" To confirm my suspicions, I looked up the bag on eLuxury and saw the pictures were exactly the ssame. If a sellers tries to claim that professional-department store quality photos are their own, you should move on. In previous experiences where I have asked for extra photos, I have gotten the similiarly ridiculous reponse "My computer isn't allowing me to upload photos today, if you use Buy it Now I will ship free." I don't care what extra bonus a seller offers me - they should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be able to provide extra photos of the bag so I can confirm its authenticity. If a seller isn't willing to do that: Move on and find another seller who will. A smart eBayer is not only patient but careful - and the best way to get a good deal is to avoid dishonest sellers.

    Best of luck with eBay - and if you have an eBay experience that you want to share with the readers of this blog, please send it my way at PurseDeals@gmail.com.

    Comments on "Recent eBay Experience/Advice"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 PM) : 

    Patience is key! I was watching an ebay auction for a Juice C. key chain starting at $9.99. They only had 1 feedback and the seller was a newbie. I saw that he/she had over 40 auctions some of which ended should have had feedback for. After 1 week, they still had one feedback which is suspicious. I waited another week and sure enough they had -3 feedback. Bidders had said that he was just here to rip them off.

     

    post a comment
    FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com